The Isanti County Radio Club will be there with radios set up showing:
- making long-distance contacts
- communicating with digital modes
- explaining emergency communications
- other cool topics
Come learn about Amateur Radio and just hang out and have fun with us!
The ICRC Field Day begins at 10 am on Saturday and runs through the night until 12 pm Sunday. Participants camp overnight in their personal campers, tents, or vans and provide their own meals, and beverages There is no power grid electricity at the location. Part of the emergency preparedness aspects demonstrated is using temporary lodging, emergency power to operate HAM radio equipment, making radio contacts locally and outside of the area, and preparing meals outdoors without electrical grid power. The park does have restrooms.
ARRL Field day includes a DX fun contest for making contacts.
Authorization to start using the park for setup on Friday June 23 at 6pm has been approved. Also, a clarification was made that all vehicles, campers, screen tents, etc must remain on the asphalt. No sleeping in tents – hard-sided RVs only. (Yes, It would be a good question) (bears?)
- Cell phone users will find signal availability at the park spotty and may need to relocate to get a signal.
- Participants should have contingencies in mind to deal with high winds for antennas, canopies, etc.
- Severe weather may require cancelation or termination of the event. This will be decided by the SkyWarn team or Project captain on the ground at the time or before the event.
- It is a small parking lot. Keep in mind that residents use the park for walking and recreation and will require adequate parking spaces near the building. Field Day participants should set up on the West end of the parking lot.
- Any tripping hazards ie guy wires or antennas should be marked with ribbons or cones.
- Consider bringing fishing equipment, bicycles, kites, skateboards, or other playthings for children.
- Mosquitos, bugs, and wood ticks can be a problem. Be prepared.
- There is little natural shade. Be prepared to create your own.
Designated Event Captain:
Erik Holm – KE0PMW